Hemiplegia is a condition which affects one side of your body due to damage in specific parts of the brain caused either due to trauma or tumor or blood clots. It is characterised by weakness, stiffness or spasticity of the muscle and loss of control on the affected side. It is commonly known as paralysis.
In ayurveda hemiplegia is called as Pakshaghat which is caused due to disruption in the vata dosha, which controls the motor and sensory activities in the body.
Ayurvedic treatment for Hemiplegia Paralysis
The line of Ayurvedic treatment for Hemiplegia paralysis is to bring back the motor and sensory functions of the brain:
- Natural antioxidants present in the ayurvedic medicines increase the oxygen supply to the brain and regress cell death.
- External panchakarma therapies improve the functioning of peripheral nervous system and circulation. Heat therapy like patra pottali sveda and nadi sweda maintain muscle tone and reduce muscle spasticity.
- Medicines like maha masha taila, dhanwantaram tailam, bala ashwagandha tailam, ksheerabala taila, etc., would be beneficial for external oil massage which improves your muscle strength.
- Internal medicines like bala, ashwanganda capsules, dhanadanayanadi kashyam, dhanwantaram oil, etc., are also found to be effective.
- Ayurvedic panchakarma procedures and therapies like vasti, abhyanga, navara kizhi, etc., has proven to be beneficial in hemiplegia. You may not find immediate results. However, you will find some positive changes within the span of 6 months to 1 year.